If you’re a traveler looking to explore the world, then you’ve probably heard about the Bay of Bengal and its many beautiful destinations. The Indian subcontinent is another great option, and with a journey to Delhi, you can explore this region at your own pace.
If you’re looking to explore the best places to visit in Delhi, then this list of the top must see attractions in Delhi may help.
Know your options
First things first, you need to know your options when it comes to traveling to Delhi, India. There are many attractions to choose from, and to make your decision easier, we’ve outlined the top places to visit in Delhi below:
- Qutab Minar
- Red Fort
- Jwalapur Zoo
- Lotus Temple
- Chowk Dhaliwal
- Safari Drive
- Old Delhi
- Jama Masjid
- Lal Tibba
- Humayun’s Tomb
- Aditya Birla University
- Hauz Khas
- Blue Mansion
- Ganga Palace
- Safdarjung Museum
- Chowk Dhaliwal
- Lodi Gardens
- Lal Bazaar
- Delhi Bories
How to Travel to Delhi India on a Budget
One of the top destinations to visit in Delhi is India on a Budget. If you’re traveling on a limited budget, then you can try and go to Agra Fort and other places that require a day out, since they’re located in neighboring Uttar Pradesh.
If you’re looking for a cheaper option, then there are a few things you can do. Try and avoid going to places that have an atmosphere that’s loud, crowded, and always-on. Also, if possible, avoid taking cabs. These tend to be expensive, and if you’re on a budget, then a good ride from Delhi to Bengaluru or anywhere else in South India would cost you about the same as a hotel stay in Delhi.
Don’t Miss The Train
If you’re a regular traveler to India, you’ve probably come across the term “cancelled trains”. These are the trains that are supposed to run, but because of track work, landslides, or other reasons, they don’t. You’re likely to run into this problem on the Delhi–Amritsar train, and there are a few ways to deal with it. The first is to book your ticket as far in advance as possible. If you’re lucky, and the train is Supplementary No. 1, you can get on it for free. The best seats in the house are also free on this train, so you get a great view of the countryside while traveling.
The other way to get around this problem is to go to the Railway Reservation Counter at the New Delhi railway station. You can get a refund for your ticket on the train, or you can receive a voucher that you can use to travel by any other train. If you’re traveling with a group of people, then you should check with the staff at the counter before they give you your voucher.
Learn some Hindi and That’ll be Nice
If you’re traveling to Delhi for a long term, you may want to invest in some local guides and tour companies. With so many attractions to choose from, it can be hard to know where to start. The best way to go about this is to learn a few basic phrases in Hindi and that’ll be nice.
The guides will be more than happy to show you around, and you can ask them about places to visit in delhi, india as well as local food and drink. A couple of phrases in both Hindi and English will do the trick. For example, you could ask for a map of Delhi, or ask about the local train station.
The best way to get around is to take an auto-rickshaw (or a taxi) from the New Delhi Railway Station. If you’re staying in a hotel, then it’s likely that they have a fleet of them parked outside. If not, then you can always hail one on the street. The easiest way to hail one is to find one that’s already stopped at a red light, and wave your hand at it. It should stop pretty quickly.
Where To Stay In Delhi?
The first thing that you should do if you’re planning on spending an extended amount of time in Delhi is to find yourself a place to stay. There are several options when it comes to accommodations in this city.
Delhi For Cheap Hostels & Budget Hotels As far as lodging options go in Delhi, there are a number of cheap hostels and budget hotels. As you might have guessed, these options are not going to be the best places to stay in Delhi, but they’re perfect for backpackers and budget travelers.
The most obvious place to start is with the guesthouses and budget hotels. They’re pretty common in Delhi, and you can usually find one that fits your needs. The good thing about staying at one of these places is that they usually offer free breakfast, which will save you some money if you plan on traveling by train around the city.
If you’re looking for something a little more luxurious, then there are a number of luxury hotels in Delhi that cater specifically to tourists looking for high-end accommodations. You can find some of them here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lodges_in_Delhi#Luxury_l
Find local guides and tour companies
If you’re looking for a local guide in Delhi, then you should check out the options available. There are a number of options, and you can choose from a variety of pricing tiers. A good option is to get a local guide for all the places you want to visit in Delhi, and then book other tours as well. You’ll be glad you did.
The Delhi local tour companies offer a variety of different tours, including sightseeing tours, shopping tours, and more. There are also different packages available for those who want to book multiple tours at once. If you’re planning on traveling around the city with a group of friends or family members, then these are great options for you.
There are several options when it comes to booking a tour in Delhi, and each one is going to have its own set of pros and cons. There are some great options for those looking for a DIY trip as well.
You can book your own tour by contacting one of the local tour companies. You can either contact them directly via email or phone call. In some cases they may require an online application that you can fill out, but most of the times they’ll be able to answer all your questions right away over the phone or by email. Just make sure that you can answer all their questions on the phone or in an email.
You can also book your own tour through a travel agent. The good thing about booking a tour through a travel agent is that you’ll get a set itinerary, which will make it easier to plan your trip. You’ll also have the option of booking multiple tours at once if you want to stay in Delhi for more than one day.
If you’re looking for a DIY trip, then there are some great options for you as well. The first thing you should do is look up local tour companies in Delhi and contact them directly with your requirements and budget in mind. They should be able to provide you with some options that are within your budget and will meet all of your needs.
Places to visit in delhi, india
If you’re looking to visit some places that are near and dear to the heart of many Indians, then you should check out the following places:
- Qutab Minar – This is one of the top places to visit in Delhi, and it’s not just because it’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This minaret was built by the Qutb Shahis dynasty, who ruled from 1526 to 1555. The minaret is the tallest in Delhi, and it’s a must-see for any traveler who wants to see what a Medieval capital city is like.
- Red Fort – The Red Fort is located in the center of Delhi, and it was built by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan. It’s one of the most popular destinations for tourists all around India and the world. It’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and it’s known as one of India’s best places to visit.
- India Gate – If you want to see a memorial dedicated to Indian soldiers who fought and died in World War I, then this is a great option for you. The India Gate was built in 1931 by the British to honor Indian soldiers who fought during World War I. The memorial is made up of three domes, which are connected with walls and walkways. This is another must-see location if you want to see what a Medieval capital city looks like.
- Jwalapur Zoo – If you’re traveling to Delhi and you love animals, then you should definitely check out the Jwalapur Zoo. This is one of the best zoos in India, and it’s home to over 1,500 animals. There are a number of different species that call this zoo home, including elephants, tigers, wolves and more.
Museums – If you’re looking for a way to spend some time learning about Indian culture and history, then there are a number of museums in Delhi that will be perfect for you
National Museum – The National Museum is located just outside of Chandni Chowk in Old Delhi. It was built in the 18th century by Maharaja Jai Singh II who was also known as Jahangir. The museum has an extensive collection of Indian art from all over the country. There are more than two million pieces that have been collected here since its construction.
- Lotus Temple – One of the most popular temples in Delhi is the Lotus Temple. This is a Hindu temple that was built in the 1950s. The temple was designed by disciples of Shri Aurobindo, and its design is based on the lotus flower. It’s located on Chandni Chowk, and it’s a must-see location for any traveler who wants to see what a Medieval capital city looks like.
- Chowk Dhaliwal – If you’re looking for a great place to see Delhi’s famous markets and local shops, then you should definitely check out the Chowk Dhaliwal Market. This is one of the most popular markets in India, and it’s located in Old Delhi. It has more than 1,500 shops making it a great place to buy authentic Indian souvenirs.
- Safari Drive – If you’re traveling to Delhi and you’re a nature lover, then you should definitely check out a safari drive. This is an experience that will allow you to see a number of different animals in their natural habitat. You can see different kinds of antelopes, deer, hyenas and more. The safari drive is located at the Sariska Tiger Reserve, which is located in Alwar district of Rajasthan. It’s an hour-long drive from New Delhi and it’s one of the best ways to see wildlife in India.
- Janpath – If you’re looking for a place to walk through the heart of Delhi, then you should definitely check out the Janpath. This is an area that’s filled with shops, restaurants and cafes. It’s also a great location to see all of the different monuments that have been built in Old Delhi.
- Old Delhi – The Old Delhi district is one of the most popular areas to visit in Delhi. It’s located in the center of the city, and it has a number of different monuments and sites that you can check out. Places like the Red Fort, Humayun’s Tomb, Jama Masjid and more are all located here.
- Jama Masjid – The Jama Masjid is an important mosque in Delhi. This is one of the largest mosques in India, and it’s located near the Red Fort. It’s a great place to see the different architectural styles that have been used throughout Indian history.
- Lal Tibba – The Lal Tibba is a small neighborhood in Old Delhi. This is one of the most popular neighborhoods in the city, and it has a number of different restaurants, shops and cafes. It’s also a great area to check out the local markets and shops where you can buy authentic Indian souvenirs.
- Humayun’s Tomb – The Humayun’s Tomb is an important site in Delhi. This is a tomb that’s dedicated to Humayun, who was the second Mughal emperor of India. It’s located in the center of Old Delhi, and it’s a great place to see the different architectural styles that have been used throughout Indian history.
- Aditya Birla University – The Aditya Birla University is one of the most important universities in India. It was founded by Aditya Birla, who was an Indian businessman. This is a great place to check out all of the different architecture that has been used throughout Indian history.
- Hauz Khas – The Hauz Khas is a neighborhood in Old Delhi. It’s located in the center of the city and it’s filled with all types of shops and restaurants. It’s also a great place to go out on a night, as this is one of the more popular locations to eat, drink and dance.
- Blue Mansion – The Blue Mansion is a popular restaurant in Delhi. It’s located near the Hauz Khas, and it’s a great place to go out for dinner. The menu is filled with Indian cuisine, and it has a great variety of dishes that you can get.
- Ganga Palace – The Ganga Palace is a hotel in Delhi. This is a great place to stay if you’re looking for a nice place to stay in Old Delhi. It also has a number of different restaurants and cafes, so you can get something to eat while you’re staying there.
- Safdarjung Museum – The Safdarjung Museum is a museum in Delhi. This is a great place to go if you’re looking for something different to do in Delhi. This is a museum dedicated to important Indian figures, and it’s located on the campus of the university that it was founded by.
- Safaripur – Safaripur is a neighborhood in Old Delhi. This is a great place to go out on a night, as this is one of the more popular locations to eat, drink and dance. With so many different restaurants and cafes, you should be able to find something that you like.
- Chowk Dhaliwal – The Chowk Dhaliwal is a popular restaurant in Delhi. It’s located near the Safdarjung Museum, and it’s a great place to go out for dinner. This is one of the more popular Indian restaurants in Delhi, and it has a very good variety of dishes that you can get.
- Lodi Gardens – The Lodi Gardens are a park in Delhi. This is a great place to go out on a night, as this is one of the more popular locations to eat, drink and dance. This is also one of the better places to go out in Delhi if you’re looking for something different to do.
- Lal Bazaar – The Lal Bazaar is a neighborhood in Old Delhi. This is a great place to go out on a night, and this is one of the more popular locations to eat, drink and dance.
- Delhi Bories – The Delhi Bories is a restaurant chain in Delhi. This is a great place to go out on a night, as this is one of the more popular locations to eat, drink and dance.
- Gandhi Smriti – The Gandhi Smriti is a museum dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi in Delhi. This is a great place to go if you’re looking for something different to do in Delhi. This is a museum dedicated to important Indian figures, and it’s located on the campus of the university that it was founded by.
- Jantar Mantar – The Jantar Mantar is a museum in Delhi. This is a great place to go if you’re looking for something different to do in Delhi. This is a museum dedicated to important Indian figures, and it’s located on the campus of the university that it was founded by.
India is a very diverse country, and as such, it has a number of different markets. So, it’s very important to research the different markets in India before you go there, so you’ll know what to expect from the food, nightlife and more.
This is an overview of the most popular areas in Delhi. It’s by no means a complete guide to each area though, so if you have any questions that aren’t answered here, feel free to ask us in the comments below or use our contact form.